BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Brain Potpourri

"Just bits and pieces of mindless matter floating around in my head from the past couple of days..." - Great idea McMommy (check out her May 2 post).

1. Had a very busy weekend. Planted some flowers and veggies for my Grandma. Had a cookout with my Mom. Saw my Uncle who was home visiting from AZ. Didn't get enough sleep.

2. Happy Late Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there! Thank you for all that you do!

3. Went on a date last night with the hubster :) We went out to dinner for the first time in a long time. Had some amazing Mexican food - I could eat that stuff everyday...

4. I have my first follower!! Now I know that I'm not alone in this blogosphere - someone will see my updates! Thanks for the comment and support Andy - I'm really looking forward to learning all the secrets of blogging, finding my "niche" (blog & personal) and having a great time while doing it.

5. Sunday was kinda weird. Sitting in church I found myself reviewing CPR stuff in my head and making sure I would be prepared if the Pastor ever collapsed during church (he has had a couple heart surgeries and still has his "weak" days - he is like a father to me and I worry about him). My Daddy was taken from us in 2001 due to a heart attack, so anything heart related really bothers me.... Anyways, I didn't get my hug from the Pastor after church because the service ran over and he has another service after ours so he hurried out. I felt really weird and even told the hubster that I needed to see him and get a hug. But, it was too late, he was already gone. We left church and continued our day. Then my Mom calls later that evening. The Pastor had collapsed during his second church service! He was taken to one hospital then flown to another. Yeah, it really upset me and freaked me out a little. It's like I had a moment of mother's intuition for my Pastor. Today my Mom let me know that she talked to him and he was home doing much better. It wasn't a heart attack, it was a reaction to some medication - scary! I am so thankful that he is ok. Thank you God for keeping him safe!

6. The hubster & I finally planted our garden tonight! Just in time for the 4 days of rain that we are supposed to be getting... good times. It's awesome now, but we'll see how I feel about it in a month when I am cursing the weeds...

7. Survivor was disappointing on Thursday.... stinkin' Coach. I am so ready for him to be voted off!! I guess there has to be a "villain type" in all the reality shows.

8. One of my friends & I are planning a camping/boating trip for Memorial Day Weekend.... I stopped working out after the honeymoon (April '09).... Now I need to figure out the swimsuit situation. Maybe everyone else will drink enough that they won't even notice my extra bits in my bikini that I bought for the honeymoon because the hubster gave me the puppy dog eyes.... Or maybe I will buy a one piece swimsuit and deal with the hubster's pouting all weekend....

0 comments: