BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Here I am!!


Hello blogosphere!! Oh, how I have missed you. Where have I been you ask? Well… everywhere but home! The hubster and I have been so busy lately…. *sigh*…. it’s ridiculous. We haven’t had a free weekend at home in a long time. We thought that after his lay off we would have all this time to get stuff done this summer…. Well, yeah, it’s already July and we are still behind. *sigh*…. again.

Speaking of getting things done…. Occasionally I will call the hubster during the day for a quick break (and be nosy to see what he is up to – it’s hard to come to work every day knowing he is at home doing whatever). Here’s a conversation from last week:

Hubster: Hey…
Me: Hey! What’s up? You ok?
Hubster: I’m really tired…. And my neck & back are SO sore.
Me: Why? What have you been doing today?
Hubster: Sorting screws.
Me: *silence*
Hubster: Hon? Are you still there?
Me: WTH? Did you just say you are sore from sorting screws? *insert laughter here*
Hubster: *Trying not to laugh* Yes… it’s important and needs done!

LOL… yes, that is my husband… he’s definitely getting good use out of “his” new garage. However, all of this screw sorting did get me a bit agitated when I came home to a filthy pup (who is an indoor pet), sink full of dishes (we have a dishwasher), piles of his dirty laundry all over the house (the computer chair, couch in the livingroom), etc., etc….

Now, I will give him some credit – he has started working on the house some… but hasn’t done anything on it for over a week due to the new weather guy predicting rain all week… and guess what?? That’s right – NO rain all week… it only rained on THE 4TH OF JULY!! Good times…

1 comments:

Harlan's Mommy said...

haha reminds me of the time i had come home and justin had bought and hung a $150 pot rack. apparently that took precedence over mowing the lawn and helping with the laundry. then he hit his head on it everytime he walked into the kitchen!! gotta love the men in our lives!!!!